Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

My name is ***** *****. I have lost Wireless connections on

Customer Question
hi.. My name is *****...
hi.. My name is ***** *****. I have lost Wireless connections on my ASUS. Ihave tried doing what you instruct but when I enter ipconfig /release I get the message 'No operation can be performed on Wireless Network Connection 3 while it has its media disconnected.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Basically I cannot get any internet connection. I have lost all WiFy, the ethernet dongle does not work and even using a plug in WiFi adaptor does not work
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Network Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2016
Network Technician: Richard, Network Specialist replied 1 year ago
Richard, Network Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Can you press the windows key + R and type in

ncpa.cpl

Press enter

Right click on wireless connection or wifi and select Enable.

Does this then get you connected to wifi?

Please let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no. there is no option 'Enable' there is a 'Connect/Disconnect' option but this does nothing

So when you click Connect, you do not get taken to a list of networks in your area to click on one?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
rubbish...I have no connection
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If I had any internet connection I would not be here
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Lets forget this....It looks like this service is not good, do not charge my card

I did not say you had an internet connection, so I am not sure why your responding like this.....

I am only asking you to do a set of instructions and tell me the results.

I am very surprised by this response from you

For all payment questions please contact customer service.

Richard, Network Specialist