Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

My iPad will not go to the internet because it says it is

Customer Question
not connected to WiFi, but...
My iPad will not go to the internet because it says it is not connected to WiFi, but when I go to Settings, it says it is connected to Wi-Fi. It is charged 100%. Please help!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Networking
3/14/2016
Network Technician: IT Miro, Computer Scientist replied 1 year ago
IT Miro, Computer Scientist

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.

I suggest removing the current WiFi network profile and re-connecting to your WiFi network again which should solve the problem you are experiencing.

Here is how to do that:

1. On your iPad, go to the home screen

2. Tap on the Settings icon

3. In the Settings menu, tap on Wi-Fi

4. On the right side, tap on your WiFi network name

5. Now tap on Forget This Network located at the top. Confirm when asked

6. Now go back to the Wi-Fi menu and disable the WiFi by sliding the WiFi switch from right to left

7. Now restart your iPad

8. After the restart, re-enable the WiFi by sliding the WiFi switch from left to right

9. You should see available wireless networks in range. Find yours and tap on it to connect

10. Type your WiFi network password ***** case your network is password-protected. When connected, check if the Internet will now work

Let me know the results.

Regards,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did all of this & it did not work. I have tried over & over to get back to you, but it constantly sent me to somewhere else.

Hello again!

I am sorry to see the problem remained. Please check if there is a way to connect your iPad to any other WiFi network, other than yours. That way you can see if the problem is with your iPad or your home WiFi network.

Let me know the results.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My husband took it to a computer store for them to fix it.

OK. Thanks for letting me know. Hopefully, it will be fixed there.

In case you require any other assistance, let me know.

Regards,

IT Miro, Computer Scientist