Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

My IPad lost it's connection to the internet and I 't know

Customer Question
My IPad lost it's connection...
My IPad lost it's connection to the internet and I don't know how to get back on. I went to Apple, they told me to go to my provider, the provider was no help. I don't remember the password ***** can't find my list of passwords. My laptop is still connected.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Networking
3/11/2016
Network Technician: Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Did your internet service provider try anything? What did they say?

What is the model of your Internet modem/router device?

Do you have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Solution #1:

- Please check at the back / bottom of your internet modem / router device(s) to see if there is any password ***** key / passphrase, etc. there; it is case-sensitive.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, if your Windows 7 laptop is connected to wireless, then please try the following on your laptop in order to retrieve the wi-fi / wireless password:

- Click on the network/wireless icon at the bottom right of the screen, then click on Open Network and Sharing Center.
(Or click on Start, Control Panel, Network and Internet, Network and Sharing Center.)
Then click on Manage wireless networks on the left.
Then click your wireless network name.
Then right-click on your wireless network name and click on Properties.
Then click on the Security tab.
Then select the box at Show characters.
Then you will see the Network security key above it, that is your Wi-Fi / wireless password. (It is case-sensitive.)

- If it still does not work, please let me know the brand / model of your internet modem / router device(s.) Also, I can connect remotely to your laptop and retrieve your wi-fi / wireless password ***** through your laptop for you, then you can use it on the iPad.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech