Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I ccan't get to set up page on wrt120n, I tried giving my

Customer Question
I ccan't get to set...
I ccan't get to set up page on wrt120n
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Network Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I tried giving my Xbox one a static IP address and must have. Messed something up my browser won't open set up page
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Network Technician should know?
Customer: It worked just fine earlyer today
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $31 after the Network Technician responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Network Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Networking
3/6/2016
Network Technician: Pete, Networking Engineer replied 1 year ago
Pete, Networking Engineer

Hi there,

Try connecting to the WRT120N using a wired connection to a computer (not a wireless connection), and enter the default IP address 192.168.1.1 in your web browser, then press Enter. You should then be prompted to log on.

If you are unable to get to the setup page or if the IP address or password ***** been changed, then you can reset the router by pressing and holding the small red reset button beside the power jack on the rear of the router for at least 5 seconds.

Pete, Networking Engineer