Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Fire Stick became disconnected from my network. It give me…

Customer Question
Fire Stick became disconnected from...
Fire Stick became disconnected from my network. It give me options of connecting with a button on my router or entering a PIN. I don't see any buttons on my router and when I take the PIN option, it tells me to use the button on my router. How do I reconnect?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/4/2016
Network Technician: Nathan, System Administrator replied 2 years ago
Nathan, System Administrator

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Barbara.

In most cases, neither of these options works. Most routers don't support WPS (button) or PIN connectivity any longer because they aren't very secure.

What you need to do is just go into the network/wireless settings on the stick with the fire remote, let it scan for networks, pick your home wifi network name from the list, then type in the wifi password. If you need help determining that password ***** me know.

Did you need more help with this?