Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I forgot mij SSID and password of my Linksys E 1200 router.

Customer Question
Hi, I forgot mij...

Hi, I forgot mij SSID and password ***** my Linksys E 1200 router. The serial number is *****

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

It is a SISCOLinksys router E 1200. I want to instal this router in an ather laptop and now they ask for a ssid and a password ***** i don't know them

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
3/2/2016
Network Technician: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Do you have another computer that is currently connected to this router via wireless?

No I have only one laptop wireless connected at my router

Ok, try the following. Click HERE

That link should bring you to your routers log in screen, if it does not stop and let me know.

If it does get you in enter admin for the user name and admin for the password. If you get logged in click on the wireless tab at the top. On this page you will see your SSID.

Next click Wireless security and here you should be able to see or change your wireless password.

If you have trouble let me know.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris L., Support Specialist