Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

My router says I am connected to the internet, however when…

Customer Question
I'm Nikish, my router...

I'm Nikish, my router says I am connected to the internet, however when I try to connect using my laptop or desktop windows says there is no internet.

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

My router is an Asus RT-N12+. I only have this router because it is a 3 in 1 router modem access point. I'm using a Static IP address to connect to the internet.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
3/2/2016
Network Technician: Russell H., Internet and LAN replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Internet and LAN

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Is the Static IP Address on the router, or is it on the computer?

What is your internet source, cable internet? or satellite? or fiber-optic? or DSL/ADSL?

Try restarting your computer, of course.

Is the modem separate from the router? if so, then first power down both of them. Then wait 5 minutes. Then power On just the modem. Wait 5 minutes, then power On the router also.

Then 2 minutes later, see if the internet is usable.

Let me know how it goes from there, and the other information I need on the basic setup. Thanks.