Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I cannot get an internet connection all of a sudden. My

Customer Question
other computers that are hooked...
I cannot get an internet connection all of a sudden. My other computers that are hooked up to the modem are working fine
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
I am accessing the internet right now via wi-fi from another server in the house.
2/28/2016
Network Technician: Russell H., Internet and LAN replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Internet and LAN

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What computer do you have, that is having the problem? (Windows PC, vs. Apple computer or even Linux... the brand and model are not too important.)

Is the connection you are trying to get, by WiFi? or through an Ethernet cable to the modem? (If you need a connection of some sort urgently, and WiFi doesn't work, then connect an Ethernet cable from the computer to one of the several numbered ports on your modem, and see if that connection works.)

Of course... try re-starting the computer. (I see that it is apparently an iMAC... but whatever computer it is, try that.

MAC, 2011. Via the Ethernet cable to the modem. I tried two different cables and several ports on the modem. I restarted both the modem and the PC several times.

When you open a web browser window, what do you get (eventually) exactly? any error message is important.

What happened?
I'm note sure what is going on. I seemed to have lost you...

I'm sorry - I was elsewhere on other cases for some minutes.

I cannot do Secure Remote Assistance at this time, I regret.

Wait for another Expert to take up that offer, or let me know what web browsers show when you open one on your iMac, please. Thanks.

Russell H., Internet and LAN