Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Link sys e1200 is installed and connects computer to

Customer Question
internet. However external portable...
link sys e1200 is installed and connects computer to internet. However external portable devices,( iPad, Kindle etc.) can not connect to WiFi even when using proper password.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
2/27/2016
Network Technician: Byron, PC Support Tech replied 2 years ago
Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

After entering the password ***** the devices, what error mesage are you receiving?

Start with the simple things. Unplug the power from the router for at least 60 seconds

(unplugging and immediately replugging doesn't allow enough time)

Plug it back in and allow a minute or two for the router to fully come up and try your devices again.