Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I have just received a Lenovo tablet as a gift and am unable…

Customer Question
Hello, I have just received a...
I have just received a Lenovo tablet as a gift and am unable to connect it to my home wifi. It looks as though it's connecting and then I get an "authentication error" message. I've tried it several times. I live in Sydney, Australia, and would love some help! Thanks.
Susannah
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
2/26/2016
Network Technician: Jason Jones, Network Technician replied 2 years ago
Jason Jones, Network Technician

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I ask for the brand and model name of your wireless router or your wireless modem?

Once I have the above requested information, I will be able to give you the correct answer.

I look forward to your response,
Jason

iinet. That's all I know!

Thank you for the update. May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

No. No remote assistance. I just need general information on how to connect. Thanks.

Okay. In order for me to give you information that will help, you have to answer my questions. I asked you for the brand and model name of your router. Your response was, "iinet". What does that mean? Is iinet your provider?