Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Kindle fire does not connect to wi-fi

Customer Question
Kindle fire does not connect to wi-fi
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
2/24/2016
Network Technician: Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator replied 2 years ago
Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

Try these steps please>

On your kindle.

2. Select Wi-Fi from the menu.
3. Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.
A list of networks will appear. You may have to wait a moment as your Kindle
detects networks in range. If your network doesn't appear tap the tick box next to
Wireless Networking off and on to refresh the list.
4. Tap the name of your home wifi network. On the screen prompting you to

enter a password, select Forget.

Then on your router>

Unplug the power connector from the back of your wireless router,
Then plug the power connector back into the wireless router (wait a couple of minutes for it to fully boot)

Then on your Kindle>

>press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release. Then when the kindle powers back on>

• try connecting to Wi-Fi follow these steps:
  • Go to menu
  • Select Wi-Fi.
  • Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.
  • Your home network should appear in the list.
  • Tap the name of your network. A lock symbol will appear next to your network if it requires a password.
  • Enter the characters of the password ***** the onscreen keyboard.
  • If you need help locating your password ***** me know.
  • Then Tap Connect.
  • In the future your Kindle Fire will automatically connect to the network that was most recently used.

Let me know if this does not work and we can try another solution.

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.

Thank you very much!

I cannot connect to the password. I never needed one in the past. It just connected when I turned the kindle on

okay, what is the brand/model of your wifi router?

Cisco-DPC3825

okay, I can help you find the password. I will need to connect to your computer with a remote screen connect session.

Will that be okay?