Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

What type of DNS server is recommended large branch? How…

Customer Question
What type of DNS server...
What type of DNS server is recommended for a large branch? How many DNS servers are needed for a total of seven branches?
Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/computer-networking/4ncn1-type-dns-server-recommended-large-branch.html#ixzz415smQg7p
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
2/24/2016
Network Technician: Michael Hannigan, Network Architect replied 2 years ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Network Architect

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If not, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've provided. You can always reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll be happy to continue helping.

This will depend on the existing hardware and software in use by the site. Since they are all in the same internet domain, if they are using Active directory, then I would just make a server at each site a secondary DNS server. Assuming you are using Active Directory, you will have a backup domain controller at each site, and each of those, by default, will serve as a DNS server for that branch.