Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Trying to find an easy way to convert 7905g to sip by

Customer Question
Trying to find an...

Trying to find an easy way to convert 7905g to sip by updating the firmware. I have a tftp server setup running on a laptop. I have change the tftp server reference in the phones firmware. then I restart the phone, but it doesn't update to the new firmware

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Trying to update the firmware on a cisco 7905g to the sip version

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
2/23/2016
Network Technician: Michael Hannigan, Network Architect replied 2 years ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Network Architect

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. Do you still need assistance with this?

You can push the tftp address using the dhcp server.

In the dhcp server you need to define the tftp address in option 66/67. This will cause the phone to look for the config files etc in the tftp server on bootup. There should be a default config file name which the phone would look for and load on bootup.

Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Network Architect