Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

We have connected Xbox One to the internet, but are unable…

Customer Question
We have connected Xbox One...
We have connected Xbox One to the internet, but are unable to create a user and begin using Xbox One. Is the issue a bandwidth issue or is there some other problem
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
2/14/2016
Network Technician: Byron, PC Support Tech replied 2 years ago
Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

What error are you receiving when you try to set up a user?

Service is unavailable try again later

Thanks. Has your router been set up to forward these ports?

• Port 88 (UDP)
  • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 80 (TCP)
  • Port 500 (UDP)
  • Port 3544 (UDP)
  • Port 4500 (UDP)
I do not understand your question

Your Xbox need to have information sent to it using the ports listed above.

On your router you direct information sent on those ports to the IP address that your Xbox is using.

That is how the Xbox receives services.

What is the brand and model number of your router?

Arris tg862g/ct

Thank you. Here's a guide:

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Arris/TG862G-CT/Xbox_One.htm

If you need a little help with this please don't hesitate to ask.

Hi. Is the Xbox up and running now?

Please let me know if you need anything.