Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Forgot my username and password

Customer Question
Forgot my username and password
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/13/2016
Network Technician: Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Is it username and password ***** your wireless modem / router?

And/or do you need your wi-fi/wireless password ***** key?

Or is it something else?

What is the model of your wireless modem/router device?

Do you have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

I don't know sorry I'm not technology updated

That's okay. I will help you step-by-step. What kind of username and password ***** is asking for?

What is not working on your computer?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer? And/or what's the brand/model of your computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

I have a galaxy grand prime phone number(###) ###-####with metro pics now my old account I had with sprint phone number was(###) ###-####phone was a galaxy 5
I only use this account on my mobile phone

Is it google account or something?

Google

So you open your new phone, and it does not let you use it until you enter a google account right?

Do you remember the email address for your google account?

Please let me know. Thank you.

I can use my phone it that my contacts and pictures where saved to it

OK. Do you remember the email address (likely the @gmail.com email address) for your Google account?

If I remember right my email was***@******.*** or***@******.***

If you try that gmail address for the Username and try any password ***** know / remember at the Gmail website http://www.gmail.com/, does it work or not?

Do you still have your old phone? If yes, are your contacts and pictures still on the old phone or not?

Please let me know. Thank you.

it says the password ***** use is wrong and my old phone screen is broken can not see it

Have you tried the Forgot password? option at the gmail.com website?

Did you have a password ***** pattern login for your old phone previously? If you plug the old broken phone to the computer, does it show up on the computer?

Please let me know. Thank you.

I had a security patern on my old phone but can't access it since screen is broken

I'm sorry. Did you try the "Forgot password" option after entering your gmail email address at the Gmail website http://www.gmail.com/?

What happened when you tried that?

It said it was the wrong password

Please try the process at the website below, then let me know what happens:

https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/

Thank you.

It also asked me security questions I wasn't asked before
Same thing says wrong password
Network Technician: Richard, Network Specialist replied 2 years ago
Richard, Network Specialist

Hi there and welcome

A different expert here as your previous one has left the conversation

If your not able to pass these questions or the email contacts, then the automated tools will not be able to help you regain access Jose,

You will need to follow the manual process, it is the only option left in your situation.

You'll need a working email account so they can contact you on it. I advise to make a temporary one here.

https://accounts.google.com/SignUp?service=mail

Then go to this link and fill in the form please.

https://support.google.com/accounts/contact/disabled2?p=

You will then need to allow up to 24 hours for Google to contact you with the instructions to reset your password.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you