Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I am ***** *****. I am trying to install a wifi adapter on…

Customer Question
I am ***** *****...

I am ***** *****. I am trying to install a wifi adapter on my desktop pc... application failed to initialize 0xc0150002... am at a loss

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Its a wf2190.. ac1200 dual band adapter i am on the sky broadband router.. without the wsp button tried to install the drivers over and over but no joy just restart.. then get "application failed etc.."

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
2/13/2016
Network Technician: Byron, PC Support Tech replied 2 years ago
Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Are you getting your driver from here: http://www.netis-systems.com/en/Downloads/Details/?id=904

hi byron,
Yes, thats where i got the drivers. Now I am managing to also install them from the cd-rom... but every time i try and reboot it goes back to the 'application failed to initialize...etc' again! the application box is called 'RtWLan.exe'
I think those drivers are installed now, but just wont initialize.. i give up...
A short while ago, i thought i had sussed it out. it all seem to go smoothly - even saying it could see networks - so i chose the correct one.. and entered all the correct SSID and WPA key etc.. but then just said 'couldnt connect to the network.. will keep trying..'
ahhh so when you click on the 'Netis' icon short cutty thing, on the desk top, it gives the same error message 'failed to initialize...(0xc0150002).. '

What's important is that the adapter show up in Device Manager. Hold down the Windows logo keyu (just to the left of the Alt key and press R. In the Run box type: devmgmt.msc and click OK.

In the Device Manager window expand the entry for Network Adapters. You should see the adapter listed.

Right-click on it an select Properties. In the Status windows it should say "this device is working properly"

If that is the situation you should be able to see and connect to your wireless network.

Once the driver is installed and the adapter working properly there's no need to click on any icon or shortcut.

Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer