Pete, Networking Engineer
Experience:  CISCO Certified Networking Engineer
30970729

I am trying to view my nightowl PE-DVR4 camera system

Customer Question

I am trying to view my nightowl PE-DVR4 camera system through the nightowl android app or any way I can. I cannot get an open port on my router. I have googled this for 3 days and have followed all instructions I could find.
Equipment:
Cradlepoint MBR95 using AT&T sierra wireless usb modem
NightOwl PE-DVR4-5GB (wired connection to router)
ASUS Desktop with Windows 10 (wired connection to router)
Any help would be appreciated.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Clayton,

To open a port on the Cradlepoint MBR95 for your DVR camera system, please see:

http://www.ports3658.com/2012/10/cradlepoint-mbr95-how-to-port-forwarding.html

---------------------------

Please take a moment to rate my service highly, it is how the site rewards me for my time :)

(you can still reply back at any time if you need further assistance after rating my service)

Thanks and have a great day!

Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That was the first thing I tried, it does not work. A simple Google search gave me that answer. I believe the problem I am having is with the AT&T Sierra wireless usb modem. From my research Googling, AT&T blocks it's modems from being able to forward ports on the routers they are connected to. Is there a work around to this, paying AT&T $500 to open a port and $200 setup fee is not my solution. Would setting up a VPN network solve this problem if so, I need a step by step guide on how that is done?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

An easier solution would be to try a different modem, do you have another one available?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Different modem will not work. The only Internet access in my area is through a mobile network. AT&T is the only lte service available. Satellite Internet is available, but is cost prohibitive, slower speeds, and has data caps.