Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I'm ***** *****. I"m having an issue connecting my ps3

Customer Question
Hi, I'm ***** *****. I"m...
Hi, I'm ***** *****. I"m having an issue connecting my ps3 (super slim model) to my new Belkin router.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure. The PS3 is picking up the signal, since it shows up in the scan.But, when I go through all the settings, including typing in the correct WPA key, the PS3 says "A connection to the access point could not be established. Check the security settings for the wireless LAN". This also happened when I entered everything in manually. I also reset the router to factory settings, and same thing. My computer, smart phone, and other devices have no problem connecting, just my ps3 (it didn't have this problem with the last Belkin router). The new router model is Belkin AC1200 Model number: F9K1113V4.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Network Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Networking
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello?
2/3/2016
Network Technician: Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator replied 1 year ago
Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

Follow these steps please>

1. Power Off the PS3 via the power switch in back and power back on w/switch.

2. Hold Power Button on the Front until you hear 3 beeps.

3. Then go through the initial setup and try the wifi again.

Let me know if this does not work and we can try another solution.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, followed the steps, but it gave me the same message, "A connection to the access point could not be established. Check the security settings for the wireless LAN".
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello? Randy?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I didn't work.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It* didn't work. What should I do now?

okay, this sounds like the old network information is still in the system. The next option will be a system restore>Go to >Settings > System Settings > Restore PS3™ System you can choose quick format for a faster restore.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Would I lose anything saved on the memory of my play station with the system restore?

yes, you will need to do a back up to memory stick if you do not want to lose anything.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't have a big enough memory stick to save everything right now. Can we continue this tomorrow after I buy a big enough memory stick to save everything, and then continue this process?

yes, just let me know when you are ready.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, thank you, ***** ***** reply back to you tomorrow.

sounds good!

did that get your wifi going on the ps3?

Let me know if you need more help please.

Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator