Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I cannot sign in to yahoo messenger
, well, I have a…

Customer Question
Hi, I am Emil...

Hi, I am Emil and I cannot sign in to yahoo messenger

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Well, I have a netbook with windows 7 starter and yahoo messenger 11.5 I try to sign in and it keeps telling me that there is a problem with http and https security

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
2/1/2016
Network Technician: Kamil Anwar, Certified Networking Engineer replied 2 years ago
Kamil Anwar, Certified Networking Engineer

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? Thanks

Of course, through team viewer?
are you still there?

Please click the link below and run/open the downloaded program:
https://secure.logmeinrescue.com/R?i=2&Code=136374

Network Technician: Richard, Network Specialist replied 2 years ago
Richard, Network Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Do you still require assistance with this problem?

Please let me know.

i still need help... it seems that internet explorer is the problem...
i cannot navigate on the internet with internet explorer, but the internet connection works very well with mozilla firefox.
this is why I cannot sign in to yahoo messenger

ok,

Please do the following in Internet Explorer

Click Tools (the gear wheel top right) than Internet Options

Click on the General Tab and Delete all Temporary Internet Files.

Than click the Advance Tab and click Reset

Then restart the computer and tell me if you can now sign in with Explorer please

i did the cleaning and restart the computer, but almost nothing changed. If I want to go on google, it keeps telling me INVALID CERTIFICATE please close the tab... and the same message as the beginning of my situation YOU CANNOT SIGN IN TO YAHOO MESSENGER because there is a security problem with your http or https etc. I am very angry with this situation.

Can you tell me when this started?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Well, it started after an update with DriverScanner. I did two system restore and unistalled DriverScanner. It worked a bit better after following your indications.
I am very dissapointed.

ok, you should leave drive scanner uninstalled, and I am sorry your dissapointed in me, but please understand it can take a number of steps to correct this.

You say it worked better, so you mean you could sign in?

I am dissapointed because of the situation and also because I thought paying 24 euro will make a miracle.
But i know and I understand that it requires more time.
After following your steps internet Explorer lead me to msn.com, but nothing more. Now i am travelling and I do not have my netbook with me. I will be back tomorrow evening, France time! Thank you for being patient.

ok, but you need to actually go in internet explorer to the sign in page for messenger at http://mail.yahoo.com

And sign in.

it might worked. I have tried this, and I could sign în to yahoo în internet Explorer if there was no certificate problem... but i can not Use the webcam, that is why I need Messenger software.

ok.. then try to sign into messenger and see if it now lets you.

No, it keep telling me that there îs a problem with http or https and I should configure internet Explorer to use proxy. I tried and got the same result.

Thanks

1. In the "Messenger" window, click Messenger | Preferences.
    - The "Yahoo Messenger Preferences" window opens.
  2. Under "Category," select Connection.
  3. Click Connect via a proxy server | HTTP proxy.
  4. Click OK.

Tell me if it then connects please

I did, and it give me the same answer... Messenger can not connect to the Internet. There is a connection problem....

ok, you may then be infected.

Download and run RKill from my link below

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/132/

Make sure when you run it you right click the file and select run as administrator.

Perform any actions it tells you to do then tell me if Yahoo connects please,

well, i did what you have asked me to, but yahoo messenger keeps having the same problem. There was a problem that r killer solved, but not connected to yahoo messenger connection.

ok, you did have an infection then so you may have additional ones. Can you download and run Malwarebytes from my link below.

https://www.malwarebytes.org/

Use the free version

Run a full scan, let it complete and when it has, restart the computer and run it again as it unlocks some infections that get removed the second time around.

Then restart and tell me if it then works please

well, I did the antimalwarebytes scan and for the first time, there was a malware toolbar that it quarantined and I restarted the computer after... I rescanned my computer. But no change for the yahoo messenger connection:(.