Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Im trying to configue my aj wireless cam
, i have it…

Customer Question
Im trying to configue...

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I have it hard wired into my levona laptop and i dont know how to proceed further when it asks for admin and password

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
1/31/2016
Network Technician: Byron, PC Support Tech replied 2 years ago
Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Is this a Wanscam brand camera?

It is an AJ IPcam

Thank you. If it's the camera I believe it is, enter admin for the username and leave the password ***** empty. If that isn't working can you look on the camera or packaging for a model number or manufacturer name.

Thank you. On the label in your picture it shows

admin for the username and leave the password ***** empty.

Are you unable to log in to the camera setup pages?

No I cannot log in I type in that IP address number and it first open it says not connected to Internet

Is the camera plugged into your router with a network cable?

The network cable is running from my laptop to cam and I have modem going into my apple time machine

Take a look at this. In the article are links to download software to set up the camera.

http://foscam.us/blog/foscamipcameras/set-up-guidetutorial-for-foscam-fi8908w/