Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I am sometimes able to connect to the internet via my

Customer Question
I am sometimes able...

I am sometimes able to connect to the internet via my Panasonic TV and Panasonic bluray dis player, but not right now. The two "Pass" items are Connection to the wireless network and IP address setting. The two "Fail" items are connection to gateway and Connection to the internet. Further information, The IP address is only available within the home network and The internet functions (BD-Live etc) are not available Please check the hub and broadband router settings.

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I the typed "check the hub and broadband router settings" into my browser and your box popped up. How do you work? Do you have an answer or a work around?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
1/31/2016
Network Technician: Nathan, System Administrator replied 2 years ago
Nathan, System Administrator
Sorry to hear you're having trouble.
As an a initial step, on both devices, can you go into the network setup under the manual settings and set the Dns address to 8.8.8.8
I would like to be able to go into the network setup under the manual settings on the TV and set the Dns address to 8.8.8.8 as I did with the blu-ray disc player, however, this is the msg I receive on the TV screen when I try to do so.
"Cannot connect.
Please try again later or confirm Network connection and settings"
I am not satisfied with your response because it cannot be performed.
If you are able to provide me a next step that will make this possible, I will do it.
If you are unable, you will remove the pending charges to my credit card. That is the agreement.
Where do we stand?
It is not desirable for me to choose a rating until this transaction is completed, correct?

Hi Laurel, thanks for the reply. You had made no mention of any prior steps taken or any restrictions you've encountered so far. While I understand your concern regarding the charges, your patience would be appreciated. This is an ongoing conversation, there is no magic instant fix.

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work.

Rating is not done until the very end.

If you cannot get back into it, you'll need to do a factory reset of the tv, which is in the setup menu.

From there you can do the manual configuration and enter the suggested settings.

I was able to program the 8.8.8.8 for the blu-ray device, but was not able to perform this step for the tv because I wasn't able to connect. The not being able to connect was my original issue so I'm still at square one re/the tv.
I appreciate your time. I don't know what to do now in order to perform required steps because I have not been able to connect.

I had asked you to please go into the TV setup menu, and execute the Factory Reset (restore defaults) function.

Upon doing this, you'd then turn the tv off and back on, and would be prompted through the initial setup again (date/time,channel scan, network setup, etc) at which point you should be able to do the manual network setup.

Were you able to attempt this process?

Your instructions have not yet worked. I have contracted the flu. I hope to be much better in a day or two and will re-connect them to likely take you up on your offer (with the cost of and additional $24, I think) to conduct the business of fixing the issue on the phone. Thanks.

No worries at all, Laurel, take your time, you can get back to me whenever it is convenient for you.

Get well!