Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I have a RE3000W extender that i needed to buy in order to…

Customer Question
I have a RE3000W extender...
I have a RE3000W extender that i needed to buy in order to get the internet to my new Smart TV. Was working for 4-5 weeks but now my smart tv says it is not connected to the internet, trying to get onto Netflix. Have unplugged the extender and replugged it with no change, still not connected. Please help.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
1/30/2016
Network Technician: Nathan, System Administrator replied 2 years ago
Nathan, System Administrator

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Does it show as connected to the home network/lan?
What is the make/model of the tv?

Samsung smart tv ?4300, purchased nov 28 2015.
Computer shows we Are connected to our home network which is not strong enough to reach the new tv. Hence purchased extender. Can extender be reset by u?

No it can't be reset remotely.

This could be an issue with the router or the extender, or something wrong with the tvs configuration.

Initially, unplug both the router and the tv for 60 seconds.

Plug router back in first, then extender, and check for connectivity again.

If no change, let me know what lights you see on the extender, and if possible try connecting to extender network from a phone/tablet/laptop to test it separately that way.