Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I purchased a kindle in December and Jan. 18 it would not do…

Customer Question
I purchased a kindle in...
I purchased a kindle in December and Jan. 18 it would not do anything for me. When I went to settings it said wireless is turned on but not connected to a network. When I hit wi-fi - centurylink 3444 it had a lock on the wireless icon. It tells me the status in Authenticating, Signal Strength is Poor, Security WPA2PSK - modify - I put in password *****
eileen12 and hit save. It keeps telling me autenticating problem in red. How do I get back my wireless connection
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
1/25/2016
Network Technician: Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following fix:

Solution #1:

- Press and hold the power on/off button on the kindle for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on

, then go to Wi-Fi menu on kindle, then select your wireless network name, then select the Forget option, and confirm

, then select your network name again, and connect, and check.

Note: Your wireless password ***** network key should be at the back/bottom of your centurylink internet modem/router device (it is case-sensitive.) And/or if needed, try any password/key you know / remember.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, disconnect the power cord(s) from your internet modem / router device(s) for a few minutes, then re-connect, then turn it back on, then wait a bit, and try again.

- Please let me know any new error or message the kindle shows this time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to continue. Thank you.

Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech