Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

Can't scan documents to computer. Need help simplifying

Customer Question
Can't scan documents to computer...

Can't scan documents to computer for emailing. Need help simplifying scanning documents for emailing.

I have Windows 10

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/25/2016
Network Technician: Richard, Network Specialist replied 1 year ago
Richard, Network Specialist

Hi there and welcome

First, what format do you have the scanned documents in (JPG, PDF)?

Please let me know.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

I have been scanning to pdf for awhile now. I am a monthy subscriber to just answer, so not new member. Before, I would command scan to computer from the HP device, but now can't get things to work. Don't really want to pay $39 extra fee. Sorry, but that's why I pay monthly, although I usually tip the experts.

Its ok, its a new concept with additional services which goes beyond messaging and allows me to access your computer and fix this directly.

When you open the PDF and it appears over sized, in which program is it opening?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

the problematic scans that I am doing now are save to

"this PC " "documents " then I open from there, but they are GIANT.

The scan icon is a tile on Windows 10, but that is not how I was doing it before, when I was commanding from the HP. That's when it was at least scanning to computer, then I could attach the pdf to email and send

ok, I still did not hear from you which program they were opening in Jim.

But when there open, hold CTRL on the keyboard then press the - key

Keep repeating till they get to normal size. Do they?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

adobe acrobat reader dc is the program?

yes, they get smaller, but 18% is really where about 100% should be.

Can you attach one of the files to this question please do I can view it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

ok its stuck on sending request to just answer. seems like i cant send attachment

ok, try this way

- Click the following link: http://www.wikisend.com

- Upload the file to that website

- Once it is uploaded, the resulting page will display a "File ID" number.

- Please, give me that "File ID Number"

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Attachment: 2016-01-25_180711_scan_20160125_2.pdf

ok, see if this worked

no sorry, its a blank document, try the second method I gave please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

the link keeps giving page not found error

try this link please, as the site may have malformed it

www.wikisend.com

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

http://www.wikisend.com/download/735342/Scan_20160125%20%283%29.pdf

this is page showing it is not working sorry

ok, seems to of worked though, downloading it now, will check it

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

ok

ok, that looks normal for a scanned PDF at high resolution, and is what you would normally do as the viewer will Zoom out to get the best fit, which is what happened for me. But you can also zoom out yourself. Its big because it captures so many details.

But if you wish to reduce this, reduce the DPI when scanning.

What setting did you have when scanning?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

I don't know how to access settings. I seem to get nowhere when trying

which scan program do you use?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

I don't even know at this point because i can't scan to computer

so i guess not using any program

ok, well I am a little confused as you initially indicated you did get it to scan...

But for these PDF's they are scanned at a high resolution, so if the reader does not automatically zoom out, then use CTRL and - to zoom out till you see it all in one page.

If you print it you will see it will also just print on one page per one scanned page.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

I am using a tile on widows 10 that says scan that's all it says, but before that, I was able to manually send it from the hp device, and did it that way for 2 years, but now it won't work

Can you print to the HP?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

yes

What happens when you try to scan , what error is given?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

im sorry but this is going to take way too long.

before, i've had just answer techs help remotely, but $39 is the most i've ever been quoted. this will not work for me.

ok... please remember there were two questions we were working through, the size of the PDF and the scanning issue.

Richard, Network Specialist