Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I have a TP Link W8941N modem I want to change from Chinese…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a TP Link W8941N modem I want to change from Chinese to English

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The modem main page is in Chinese and I need to get to the language options to change it to English

Technician's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Computer Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Ok

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
1/22/2016
Network Technician: MichelleNetwork, Certified Networking Engineer replied 2 years ago
MichelleNetwork
MichelleNetwork, Certified Networking Engineer

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Yours is in traditional Chinese. You can use the relevant English firmware on it.

What's the hardware version of this router?

i see you have to modem picture.

Download the English firmware and update the firmware.

http://www.tplink.com/be/support/download/?model=TD-W8961ND&version=V3

Hi Michelle - I am struggling to find the page after logging in where I can upgrade the firmware as everything is in Chinese. I managed to login ok.

i am looking at it give me some time to analyze.

you may refer to this video link and see if this helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlQRVpUuCxs

Hi - I tried to upload the V3 firmware for the W8961ND as suggested and the upload fails with error code 4503 and a message. I asked someone to translate the message and it says the file you attempted to upload does not match this model. So I need a solution that works.
Network Technician: IT Miro, Computer Scientist replied 2 years ago
IT Miro, Computer Scientist

Hello! My name is*****

I see you have been trying to change the language of the router interface from Chinese to English. Based on the picture you attached, your TP-LINK router model is TD-W89841N - hardware version V5.0.

I have checked that model and found out that it is being sold only in China, and for that reason, there is no other language available other than Chinese.

The previous Expert sent you a link for English firmware, but that applies to another model - TD-W8961ND, so that is why you got an error message when trying to upload it.

So, all the firmware versions for TD-W89841N are in Chinese. See this link:

http://service.tp-link.com.cn/list_download_technology_1_0_11.html

Since TP-LINK hasn't provided firmware in other languages, other than Chinese, unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to change the language to English for that router model. However, you can contact their technical support and ask them yourself.

You can send an e-mail to *****@******.***

I am sorry if I wasn't much of an assistance. If there is anything else I can help you with, let me know.

Best regards,

Hello again!

Have you already contacted the TP-LINK support as I suggested? If so, what did they say?

Let me know,