Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Cannot flash NSA320, system light just flashes. have usb…

Customer Question
***** *****, cannot flash...

***** *****, cannot flash NSA320, system light just flashes. have usb formatted to fat but doesnt see or update bios whenturned on.

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

When turning on the system light just flashes. i can see ituseing ip 192.168.1.5 when searching network but can see it with nsa320 software or browser.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
1/18/2016
Network Technician: Russell H., Internet and LAN replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Internet and LAN

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That it uses 192.168.1.5 still, is a sign that the basic networking functions, in hardware at least, are still 'alive'. But, having the Zyxel box not respond to NSA320 software nor to browser, means it has a serious internal problem.

In short: it's only responding at the network hardware level. Either the disk or disks have a problem or else the control circuitry that turns disk reads into network messages and responds to queries and requests from the network (from web browser or NSA320 software.)

It is of course most likely that a disk has gone bad in it. How old is the Zyxel NSA320 box in question? I ask in order to determine whether it is still covered by warranty terms.