Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

Guy,
, Unable to get my printer online it asks

Customer Question
Customer: ***** ***** Guy,...
Customer: ***** ***** Guy,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Unable to get my printer online it asks for a passphrase. The printer is off line and i am unable to get it online.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Networking Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Can you help?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
1/13/2016
Network Technician: Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator replied 2 years ago
Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. The passphrase that the printer is asking for is the wifi password(network key).

If you have a Windows computer that is currently connected to the Internet through the wireless router

the password ***** ***** that computer.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the wireless strength indicator on the Windows taskbar (bottom right corner).
  • Right-click your wireless network name, and then select Properties.
  • Click on the security heading, Select Show characters to display the wireless network password.

If you are not able to find or view the password ***** let me know the brand and model of your router/modem,

Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator