Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

All of a sudden my Mac (El Capitan) doesn't recognize my

Customer Question

Customer: All of a sudden my Mac (El Capitan) doesn't recognize my PIXMA MX992
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It was working fine until I rebooted my U-Verse modem (or the tech did). Then I could see the MX992 on the print dialog box. But, it didn't connect
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Networking Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: How long?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 1 year ago.

Please go to the Apple logo at the upper left of your computer screen to About This Mac and give me this information:

• The exact system Version (listed right under Mac OS X)
  • Processor
  • Memory

Also how are you connected to the printer WiFi? Did the tech change the WiFi password ?