Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

My wifi name has disappear from the list, and is nowhere to

Customer Question

Customer: Hi there ***** *****, My wifi name has disappear from the list, and is nowhere to be found after years of not disappearing
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am able to connect to the internet via my neighbors network by mine is not working and can't be found. does that clarify better?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Computer Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: How long of a wait, I have to leave for class soon. and $36 is worth not having to call Comcast.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

First off, please disconnect the power cable from the WIFI router, wait for 30 seconds, and then re-connect the power cable to the router.

Wait for all of the router lights to come back on; are you able to see your WIFI network now?

Please reply back using the box below. Thank you.