Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I have the linksey E1200 i want to know how many devices can

Customer Question
i hook up to it...
i have the linksey E1200 i want to know how many devices can i hook up to it
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
1/3/2016
Network Technician: Byron, PC Support Tech replied 2 years ago
Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech

Hi Roy. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. The router comes from the factory set

to hand out 50 IP addresses to clients. Theoretically, it can hand out up to 253.

okay so why won't the smart tv connect to the net

Do they pass the connection tests?

What errors are you getting?

they are connected to the modem but will not connect to the net
it's just saying not connected

I'm assuming this is wireless?

it wireless

I don't know what TVs you have but on every wireless TV I've seen you go through a procedure where you go into

wireless setup, choose the name of your wireless network and enter the wireless password ***** get connected.

What happens when you go through this? If it's not connecting you should be receiving some kind of error message.

i did all of that enter my password ***** it didn't connect same password ***** used to set up the tv's or connected them to the modem
Network Technician: Jason Jones, Network Technician replied 2 years ago
Jason Jones, Network Technician

I will be the person helping you today.

I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help.

May I ask if you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?

Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.

Thank you,
Jason

The router wasn't strong enough to handle the 5 tv's and the amazon prime .
My next question is a two part question can I connect the the new router to the old one ? And if I can how do I do it

I can configure the routers to work on the same network. May I remote into your system and set this up for you?

Do you still need help with this?
Thank you,
​Jason

Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer