Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

Setting up a HP ENVY 5642 printer, it won't connect with the

Customer Question
wireless procedure. Printer requires 2.4 Ghz...
setting up a HP ENVY 5642 printer, it won't connect with the wireless procedure.
Printer requires 2.4 Ghz . I have a dual router, 2.4 and 5 Ghz. it's an Linksys04711
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/19/2015
Network Technician: Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. There is a model of your Linksys router at the back/bottom of it. Please check. Some examples of Linksys models: E1200 or WRT1900AC, etc.

Does it show one or multiple names for your wi-fi/wireless on the printer's screen?

What is the exact error or message when connecting the printer to your wi-fi/wireless network name?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Do you see the program called LinksysConnect or CiscoConnect or Linksys SmartWiFi, etc. on any of your computer(s)?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer