Nathan, System Administrator
Experience:  IT systems admin, network installer
59725966

I bought a new xboxone, I hooked up to a Tv. We do not have

Customer Question

I bought a new xboxone, I hooked up to a Tv. We do not have cable or Wi-Fi we are out in county. I was told we could just play off xbox . Can not get by it said internet connection . How do we get by it, do we have to get on internet to get started.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Brad.

You can use it just for offline gaming (for games that support it, but be careful, many do not), but for initial setup, you do need an internet connection which lets you set up a xbox gamer tag and register your device/account.

You can use it after that but internet is required to get through the first steps.

Do you have internet at home via a modem, but just not wifi? If so, you can plug an ethernet cable in from the xbox to the router/modem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have it at my office, can I take it down to the office to get set up and then bring it back and play on it or will I still run in to the internet connect problem?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Yes you can,

you'll only run into problems with games that require an internet connection or are wanting to update frequently, if you stick to older games, you'll be fine.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,