Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

Printer has been disconnected to router

Customer Question

Printer has been disconnected to router
Category: Networking
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

You first need to press and hold the WPS (WIFI Protected System) button on the router for 10 seconds. After that is complete, you have to go to the printer and press the wireless button down for 10 seconds or until it starts to blink. Is this what you did?

I will be standing by.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's blinking. The message says it's connecting. Then the message says wps time out and press ok to retry. I've done this before several times with no success.

You must press the wireless button on the printer within two minutes after you press the WPS button on the router. Are you doing it within this time frame?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I'll await your reply.

A phone call will not help. Thank you for the update.

May I start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?

When the remote begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's fine.

After you click the "Accept this offer" button for the remote service, the remote link will be posted here. That will be the last charge for today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand

Okay. Once you do that, the remote link will be posted here.