Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator
Experience:  Information Technology Specialist
62741268

Think pad R500 wireless going bad. Installed Intel

Customer Question

Think pad R500 wireless going bad. Installed Intel replacement card now getting 1802 unauthorized card installed error message. How do I get this card to work or find one that does work.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Randy IT Tech replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. If you are getting that error message then the only option will be to get the original Lenovo replacement. Even though the cards are similar they are not interchangeable.

Numeric error code 1802 prevents system from booting. Unauthorized network card is plugged in. Network cards distributed by Lenovo have a unique Subsystem Vendor ID / Subsystem Identifier (SVID/SSID) which is checked at every boot. If the SVID/SSID doesn't match, then error code 1802 is displayed. The purpose of this check is to guarantee that both network cards and computer systems distributed by Lenovo are used in card/antenna pairs which have been certified by regulatory bodies like the FCC. Consequently, there may be both Lenovo versions and Generic versions of a vendor's network card, and even though they are electrically similar, they are registered as different cards by the regulatory body.

If you have installed a network card obtained from a non-Lenovo source, then turn off the system and remove the card.

>>please click here for original replacement<

Please let me know if you need any other assistance.

Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.

Thank you very much!