Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

Maybe you can help. Live in rural America. Have only 1

Customer Question
Lee, maybe you can help. Live...
Lee, maybe you can help.
Live in rural America.
Have only 1 internet provider - Century Link
They use the Westell 7500 modem/wifi.
I purchased a Linksys RE4100W (n600) range extender - doesn't seem compatible. Any suggestions for a simple household? House 1800 SF and Westell does okay except in some areas of house. Just need a boost.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
11/18/2015
Network Technician: Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator replied 2 years ago
Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator

There are some other options, however the Linksys RE4100 works with any wi-fi router or gateway. Simultaneous dual band wi-fi Next-Generation Wireless-AC New Innovative Crossband Technology.

What happens during the set up?

After numerous tech support calls to Linksys, they had me call century link to change to channel 11. We did and yet same issue during setup. The Linksys can't seem to find my WiFi. We reset everything several times and same issue at set up. Since Westell is such a basic modem/WiFi making changes requires calls to century link. Finally Linksys said this extender just isn't compatible to Westell. I'm a simpleton LOL... After 5 hours of all that, here I am chatting with you.

Okay, that doesn't sound good.

The best option for your situation will be the PowerLine adapters with wifi extender. It is easy to use and works great. >>>please click here

This is actually better than the normal extenders, they have better coverage and speed.

Please let me know if you need any other assistance.

Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.

Thank you very much!

Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator