Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I have a emachines windows 7 but i cant connect to wifi

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
11/5/2015
Network Technician: Jason Jones, Network Technician replied 2 years ago
Jason Jones, Network Technician

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I ask for the brand and model name of your wireless router or your wireless modem?

Once I have the above requested information, I will be able to give you the correct answer.

I look forward to your response,
Jason

Thank you for the update.

How about this; can you plug the problem wireless computer into the router or modem with a cable and allow me to remote into it so I can setup the wireless connection?

The computers and the router are in two difrerent levels

Thank you for the clarification. What problem are you having when attempting to connect to your wireless network?

I go to network and internet and it only gives me the options of a broadband pppoe
Then it asks for the isp username and password

Does the computer have a built in wireless card or are you using an external usb wifi adapter?

I dont know iam not using any usb adapter

Okay. What is the brand and model name of the problem computer?

Emachines model EL1850

Thank you for that information. That computer does not have a wireless card. You will first need to purchase one of the following type of devices found on the following page: http://www.walmart.com/search/?query=usb%20wifi%20adapter&cat_id=3944_3951_126297_232899

After you purchase one of those items, you can simply plug it into your computer, install the software that comes with the device, and connect to your wireless signal.

I look forward to your rating of my help on the top of this page. If you have any questions about rating me, please let me know.

Thank you for your time and please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.

- Jason

Ok thank you so much

You are super welcome.

Thank you for your time, the chance to work with you, and for the update.

I am a member of all computer, networking, and cell phone categories. If you ever need anything else, please let me know.

I'm online most hours of the day and only a brief time away.

-Jason

P.S. Please, do not forget to rate my help on the top of this page (Click the number of stars & click the Submit button)

Jason Jones, Network Technician