Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

My router doesn't seem to be working. I have disconnected

Customer Question
my router doesn't seem to...
my router doesn't seem to be working. I have disconnected the power source and the internet connection, but it didn't seem to help. The lights on the front are flashig.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
10/30/2015
Network Technician: Mr.Med, Network Administrator replied 2 years ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Network Administrator

Hello and welcome to justanswer, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,

what is the model/brand of your router please? What is happening when you attempt to connect to the internet ?

Cisco Linksys
I can connect to the internet, but I can't find my WIFI.
Hello. Are you there?

Yes, Please turn on the router. Wait until the Power light is blinking and then press and hold the Reset button for 10 seconds. The Reset button is usually at the back of the router near the power cord.

Unplug the router to turn it off, wait 30 seconds, and then plug it in again to turn it back on.

Wait for the Power light to stop blinking. If the power light doesn't stop blinking, turn the router off, wait 30 seconds, and then turn it on again.

Your Default username will : admin

Wireless Default password ***** be : 1234 or admin or "blank" (without a password)

let me know the results please

Thank you

Still blinking.

ok please press and hold the Reset button for 10 seconds.

Blinking continues.

can you turn it off then turn it on again and test

thank you

Unplug it again?

yes please

Still the same. Should the cable connection plug into the Internet connection or one of the ethernet connections?

Plug the cable into the lan port (usually a bleu port) : http://www.eastserve.com/images/Linksys%20WRT54G%20back.jpg

Briefly solid, but now blinking again.

okay, can you test now your internet connection ?

Thanks

Internet works just fine.

Can you give me a slightly better description of what you mean " I can't find my WIFI." so I can assist you better?

thanks

My home network has two WIFI systems. One of them seems to have disappeared. It does not show as available to join on this computer or on my IPhone.

Please try to choose the first ssid name (default name of the router) that have the most strong signal, then try to connect

let me know the results

Thanks

I don't understand what you mean?

On your windows 8 computer please Click on the radio bars in the bottom right (near the time). Then click on the first wireless network that have the most strong signal

It indicates that it is connected. But the second one that previously was available is no longer listed.

Can you connect an Ethernet cable from the windows computer to the router, does internet work with cable connection?

No. I do not have that type of cable. I must end the session now. Thank you for your help.

I'm sorry, please let me know when you are available so we can continue

Thank you

Thank you. Perhaps tomorrow

You are welcome

has everything worked out, do you still need help please?

Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer