Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I am trying to determine if my network name (SSID)

Customer Question
centurylink0001 is connected...
I am trying to determine if my network name (SSID) centurylink0001 is connected
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
10/25/2015
Network Technician: Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator replied 2 years ago
Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I will need a little more info please...

Do you know the network security key(password)?

Is the computer connected wireless?

What is the brand/model of your printer?

xjqwgyd
I had to get a new password. I have answered it

okay,

Is the computer connected wireless or wired?

I can check o this for you with a remote screen share session.

This may be simpler than typing as well as more accurate. I believe that my I am on a wireless situation. Please let's try to get this solved by phone.
I have had a residential network. for several years and I am trying to find out if this is still the case. I want to put an iPAD
in the network. But I am uncertain if I am WIFi.
OK! let's try to verify if my home network is in fact capable of WIFi.
My printer is an HP shared with two computers, i.e. a DELL and an IBM. This is the first opportunity to test my use of the IPAD.
If we can proceed by using this method, i.e. q&a bytypewriter.
To recap: I have an IBM computer and a DELL using the HP printer. The network is using a UBEE modem and NETGear as the link to the communication device. I believe that this configuration makes the network WiFi capable. BUT I do not know if my config is OK. Please help me to insure that the config is OK.James Burke
I just looked at the back of the NETGEAR router. I says that the router is "Wireless-N Router WNR1000" the UBEE lights are
all blinking except the light labelled "TEL 2"

yes, that sounds like the wifi is broadcasting. Does your home network name appear in the list of available networks on the iPad?

Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer