Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

The network adapter on my asus T100taf is not working. I

Customer Question
The network adapter on my...
The network adapter on my asus T100taf is not working. I have been using windows 10 for about 2 months and it has been working fine. Now receive message "This device cannot start (code 10)
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
10/25/2015
Network Technician: Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator replied 2 years ago
Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

Try this please>

Step 1:
On the Start Screen, right-click the lower left portion to open the shortcut list and click Device Manager.

Step 2:
Look for Network adapters and click on the Flag > button to expand. Right-click on the Wireless Network Adapter name then clickUninstall.

Step 3:
On the Confirm Device Uninstall window, check Delete the driver software for this device then click OK.

The adapter will automatically reinstall when you reboot the Asus

Then reboot the Asus and try the wifi again.

Let me know if this works for you please.

If it does not we can continue troubleshooting the T1000.

If everything is good,

Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.

Thank you very much!

Did not work. After rebooting, the Broadcom wireless adapter does not appear under network adapters.
Now what?

Try holding the power button down for 60 second, then power on and check again please.

I have done that two times and still no adapter shows

Okay, try this next please.

tap the Windows Key on your keyboard, and type System Restore.

You’ll see a search result appear labeled Create a restore point. Click it and you’ll be taken directly to the System Protection tab of the System Properties window, which is where System Restore options are located. Alternatively, you can navigate to this same location via Control Panel > System > System Protection.

Choose system restore, then choose the restore point of a time when the Asus wifi was working.

Did a system restore and still no wireless adapter shows under network adapters

Okay, the next step will be to install the driver directly from the Asus site. You will need a USB flash drive in order to download and install the driver.

>Please click her for the driver <

Then choose the wireless heading, then download the second driver in the list.

Bad link. get the following message when click on link Server Error in '/' Application.
My asus model is T100TAF and I have win 10 installed

okay, try this next please>

Click the "Start" button.

Click "Settings".

Click "Update & security".

Click "Recovery" then select "Reset this PC".

Click "Get started".

Click "Keep my files".

Click "Next".

In this screen, you will need to confirm that you understand you will need to reinstall their apps after the reset.

Click "Next".

Click "Reset".

This is the last screen in the sequence before reset begins.

If the "Reset" function doesn't work in the operating system. You can try the "WINRE (Windows Recovery Environment)" mode.

Please refer to the steps.

Click "Recovery" then select "Advanced startup".

Click "Restart now", the operating system will reboot and into "WINRE (Windows Recovery Environment)" mode.

Select“Troubleshoot".

Select“Reset this PC".

Got as far as keep my files and when I clicked got message could not find the recovery environment

okay,

You can try the "WINRE (Windows Recovery Environment)" mode.

Please refer to the steps.

Select“Troubleshoot".

Select“Reset this PC".

after selecting troubleshoot I have 2 options:
1. UEFI Firmware settings
2. Startup settings
Do not have a reset this pc option

okay, choose start up, then advanced start up, then restart now.

Same thing get choose an option: can choose trouble shoot and get same 2 options as before
I would like to reinstall the driver if I can find it. Do you have a website that has the correct driver for my computer?
OK. Before I run it, is this the latest driver for the AsusBook T100TAF?

Yes, that is the latest available driver.

The should be an update soon.

OK it is a zip file do I need to extract it first or just select the .exe file within ithe zip

Yes, extract it before you putt it on the flash drive.

I have it extracted on the hard drive. Do I run the bat file?

yes, that sounds right. it should say set up.

setup.bat runs pops 2 system run screens and is done. Does not appear to install the driver
Bat file is as follows start /w pnputil -i -a bcmdhd64.inf
start /w pnputil -I -a bcmfn2.inf

okay, download the Asus installer first and put it on the T100 then run the download.

>PLEASE CLICK HERE<

choose the

Broadcom Wireless Lan Driver and Application

File Size

2,28 (MBytes)2014.06.05 update

Download from

Global (DLM)

The last link will not work, Does not have anything in the link
I have downloaded the Broadcom Wireless Lan Driver and Application and since I have to transfer it via zip drive there is no run option.

okay, go to the http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=580&m=T100TA&os=40&hashedid=tCFbJFp0VNdPFKqP#

then click on wireless, then select the

File Size

2,28 (MBytes)2014.06.05 update

Download from

Global (DLM)

OK, I have it downloaded an transferred to my hard disk on the asus
How do I execute it?
That download is a Win 8.1. Cannot find one for Win 10

yes, you should be able to use the 8.1. When the Windows 10 is released it will be available as an update.

Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator