Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I have a computer that had to be set back to manufactor

Customer Question
settings and my drivers for...
I have a computer that had to be set back to manufactor settings and my drivers for my wireless router we deleted
How do I find the drivers to download them again?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
10/11/2015
Network Technician: Jason Jones, Network Technician replied 2 years ago
Jason Jones, Network Technician

I am the person that will be helping you today.

Your wireless router doesn't need any drivers. Are you referring to the wireless network card drivers or to the wireless router's wireless signal password?

I will be standing by.

Thank you,
Jason

that is what I'm referring to.

I asked if it was for the card drivers or for the signal password. Which one is it for?

Thank you,

Jason

I have a Cisco Wireless router DPC 3218 and I need to find out what I need to do to get this computer up and running. Thank You!

Thank you for the update.

May I start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?

When the remote begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

I'm not going to spend an additional $45. please cancel the phone call request too! Thanks for nothing!!

You can ignore those requests. We can do this without that.

On a computer that is connected to the router, perform the steps below:
- Click the following link ---> http://192.168.0.1
Leave the username and password ***** when you login.

- Click the Wireless link (your network name is ***** *****)
- Click the Wireless security link (your wireless password ***** ***** here)

Using the network name and password ***** you obtained from the instructions above, reconnect to the wireless signal.

I can then connect to the other computer!?

Yes, that is correct. Complete the instructions on a working computer. Then use the wireless information on the other computer to connect.

Thanks, ***** ***** try that

Thank you. Please, keep me updated.

I cannot get passed the login page it does not ask for wireless
Link

You cannot get passed the login page at 192.168.0.1 ? That may mean that you created a user and password ***** the modem, earlier. Do you recall what that may be? Also, look on the modem; often times, they will print the username, password, etc on it.

I do think I need a call back

Okay

How long ?

How long for what?

When somebody calls me back

You can just come back to this page when you are ready to continue and post a message here.

I meant I need for someone to call me pla

You need someone to call? I cannot make a call. I don't understand what a call will do. Is the password ***** on the modem?

No

In that case, you will need to reset the modem by pressing the reset button for 30 seconds, using a pin or paperclip. After you do that, you can sign into the 192.168.0.1 page and continue.

That page asked for several choices which one do I click

Do you see a tab that says "Wireless" on it? Click that.

I will have to do this later. Thankd

Thank you. You have the instructions now.

You are super welcome.

Thank you for your time, the chance to work with you, and for the update.

I am a member of all computer, networking, and cell phone categories. If you ever need anything else, please let me know.

I'm online most hours of the day and only a brief time away.

-Jason

I saw that you already charged me 5.00 and 19.00 and I am still not on my wireless computer. How much does this 24.00 give me? Is this a one-time charge just for today?
Can you pls answer my last message!!!

The website charges you the moment we start communication. If you want, I can send up a refund for you. That is how this website works.

Please send a refund since I still can not get this done.
Thanks

I don't understand. I gave you the correct instructions. You are now logged into the modem. You can now change the wireless password ***** anything you want. Now you want a refund?

May I remote in at no extra cost and show you how to do this?

Thanks for your offer . It would have to be tomorrow since I am traveling today.

Okay. When you are ready to continue, please post a message here.

Jason Jones, Network Technician