Russell H., Internet and LAN
Experience:  11 years work with Internet/IP, routers, networks, servers
13568747

WE CHANGED PHONE COMPANY AND INTERNET SERVICE WITH A NEW IP

Customer Question

WE CHANGED PHONE COMPANY AND INTERNET SERVICE WITH A NEW IP AND GATWAY NUMBERS SINCE THEN WHEN I TRY TO CONNECT TO MY IWATSU PROGRAMMER ON MY LAPTOP IT SHOWS ERROR, BEFORE THE CHANGE ALL WORKED GREAT. IS THERE SOMETHING THAT HAS TO BE DONE ?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Your Iwatsu phone system - I presume that is what you are having a problem with - has the old IP addressing, possibly as a preset or 'fixed'/invariant IP address setting. So your Iwatsu programmer (whatever that is exactly - a program that connects to your Iwatsu phone system I presume -) cannot reach the Iwatsu phone system.

Where is the Iwatsu phone system? is it in your local region or in your local network?

There are details that have to be gotten through to solve this problem.

What is the Iwatsu programmer, what program is it?

What error message does it produce?