Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

Netgear wireless gateway doesn't recognize my password, or I

Customer Question
wrote it down wrong. How...
Netgear wireless gateway doesn't recognize my password, or I wrote it down wrong. How can I get in to 192.168.0.1?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
10/3/2015
Network Technician: Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your Netgear wireless gateway / router device?
What username did you try?
Did you try any default username / password?
Do you need the gateway / router's login information? Or do you just need the wireless/wi-fi password?
Do you have a laptop/wireless computer that is currently able to connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, or Mac?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Network Technician: Jins M. N., System Administrator replied 2 years ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., System Administrator

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

The defaults are Username: admin and Password: password

If you changed the default password ***** do not remember it you need to reset the device to factory defaults.

Please refer : http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9665

Regards

Jins

- If you have not tried the default router's login password ***** then please try with the default username and password(s) below:

• Username (all models) = admin
  • Password (current models) = password
  • Password (very old models) = 1234

Reference:

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1148/~/default-web-interface-password-for-netgear-devices

- If that does not work, and if you only need the Wi-Fi/wireless password, please do the following on a laptop or wireless computer, if you have:

1. Right-click on the wireless icon at the bottom right of the screen (at the Desktop screen mode), then click on Open Network and Sharing Center.
  2. (Or go to Control Panel, Network and Internet, Network and Sharing Center.)
  3. Then click on your wireless network name on the right of Connections item.
  4. Then click on Wireless Properties.
  5. Then click on the Security tab.
  6. Then select the box at Show characters.
  7. Then you will see the Network security key above it, that is your wireless / Wi-Fi password. (it is case-sensitive.)

- If all fails, the router needs to be reset by pushing & hold the factory / reset button at the back/bottom of the router for about 12 seconds, then the login will be default. But before doing that, please let me know the model of your Netgear router, so I can provide all the necessary steps for resetting the router and re-setting up the router.

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech