Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Technician with years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

Locked out. Show a symbol of Internet and a plug in.

Customer Question

Locked out. Show a symbol of Internet and a plug in. Internet went down 3 times. Now I can't log on can't put password *****
Category: Networking
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.

Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.

Do you have any other devices connected to the internet? What internet provider do you use?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Netscape--just a wireless printer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.

Netscape is normally just a browser, what company do you pay for internet service. Is that Netscape as well?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dish network
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.

Ok did they give you something that looks like a box with blinking lights for internet? Usually either a modem or router.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Router
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.

Ok please unplug it from the outlet and wait 70 seconds. After that plug it back in but do not test it yet. Instead if any Ethernet cables (bigger phone cable) are connect disconnect and reconnect both end of them. Wait about 10 minutes after that for the router to cycle and then test your computer.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm up. I rebooted again and it came up. Thank you
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.

You're welcome and please don't forget to leave a positive rating for my help it is greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Great help, but I fixed the problem myself
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.

How did you fix it yourself? Did you not use anything I just sent you? Meaning you did not unplug or restart your router at all?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just rebooted turned off and held the button down for 10 second. There where a lot of updates . Sorry
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.

Ok well please consider leaving a positive rating for my time and I suggest you keep my answer in case this ever happens again and you need to try it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will gave a excellent rating
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you I greatly appreciate that. You should be able to rate this reply.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
10 if you rate -0 to 10
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.

There should be stars or smileys you use to rate.