Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I installed an Amazon fire stick into my t.v. Now there is

Customer Question
some sort of interference between The...
I installed an Amazon fire stick into my t.v. Now there is some sort of interference between
The computer, t.v, and router (modle #wnd3400-2. someone at the store where I bought the fire stick said there was a way to change the channel on the router, and that it might solve the problem. please advise.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
9/20/2015
Network Technician: Drew, Network Specialist replied 2 years ago
Drew
Drew, Network Specialist

Hi. My name is Drew. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble. Can you please tell me exactly what you're seeing, any errors you're getting, and why you think there's interference?

Do you have any wifi issues when using your computer? Things like web pages not loading or loading very slowly, missing pictures on web pages, anything that claims "timed out", etc.? If you don't have any issues with your computer and wifi, then I highly suspect the issue with the fire stick is elsewhere.

Cheers,

Drew

When all components are hooked up, the computer cant pick up the web browser. the blue ray player doesn't pick up a signal from the router. when I disconnect the fire stick everything works fine. dose this not seem to be a router problem?

Hmm... That just seems weird. As I understand the Firestick, it should be just like any other WiFi device on your network. It shouldn't break everything.

Being as I don't have a Firestick, I will opt out and open this up to other experts that may know about this issue. Good luck in getting it going.

Cheers,

Drew

Network Technician: Richard, Network Specialist replied 2 years ago
Richard, Network Specialist

Hi there and welcome

I want you to test on different wireless channels on the router please as this can be an issue. You have to test on channels 1, 6 and 11 to see which gives the best results.

To change the channel, click on my link below and follow the steps.

http://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=136797

Test on each of the 3 channels and tell me if this improves it please.

Richard, Network Specialist