Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I am running Outlook 7 and Windows 7. Since the last

Customer Question
Hi, I am running...
Hi, I am running Outlook 7 and Windows 7. Since the last automatic Microsoft upgrade, emails sent from me show my correct RCN name of 'rhythms' and then forwarded via RCN to the proper recipient show the sender name/address as XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. It should show***@******.***. Recipients are tossing my emails, unread. Havoc has resulted. I cannot find a way to fix this problem. Thanks for your help, Heather
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
9/19/2015
Network Technician: Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist

Hi, I'm sorry about the issue. Do you know which Microsoft update was installed?

Is that your gmail address or not?

In Outlook, can you test sending an email message to yourself (to your own email address), then when you receive it, does it show gmail also?

Can you sign in your rcn email at the website below:

https://www.rcn.com/hub/customer-center/webmail/

, then there, test sending a message (to yourself and/or to someone), does it have the same problem or not?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Update installed around 9/11 - they did daily Outlook updates for about a week. I tried to revert to prior but could not.
Is that your gmail address or not? never heard of it.
In Outlook, can you test sending an email message to yourself (to your own email address), then when you receive it, does it show gmail also? Outlook to Outlook remains 'rhythms' If sent from RCN account on-line the name goes out as 'rhythms' and arrives into Outlook as '*****@******.*** (via Comcast)
more to come

Are all your email messages in Outlook show at the RCN webmail also?

Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you? Thank you.

Rec'd in Outlook with name XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
something is happening on the RCN side that is changing sendrer's name.
are you familiar with RCN email ?
I provide support for all kinds of emails. If the issue is on the RCN server, then RCN would need to fix it.
When you test sending a message to yourself at the RCN website, then don't check Outlook, but check on RCN website, when you receives that email message, does it show gmail at the RCN website?
Please let me know. Thank you.
when you reply to me it arrives with the ccorrect name. I was hoping there was a simple setting in the RCN program to replace rhythms with mdunplc that happened in error that I could fix. If not, it seems best to call RCN in the morning
Windows update would not affect the RCN server. At the RCN webmail website, do you see any settings / menu / options there? Please let m know. Thank you.
I have tried that. It sounds like I need the RCN in-house help guys
You tried that and there is no option to change your "sending" name there?
I don't think you need to have RCN in-house. You just call up RCN and ask them to fix your email account on their system.
Please keep me updated. Thank you.
Please keep me updated. Thank you.How? I'm new to this service and am pretty tech savvy for an old lady.
You can always get back to me at this web page via the View Response/Answer link in the email message from JustAnswer / Viet in your email. Thank you.
Be glad to, Do we have any accounting to do?
No, do you have any other computer question/issue tonight? Thank you.
Thank you. I'll be sure to respond if it is a fix that I can do. Thanks.
You're welcome. Please let me know the result tomorrow after calling RCN. Good night. Thank you.
Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer