Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

My kindle will not pick up wifi. it says connected &

Customer Question
strength- very good. i went...
my kindle will not pick up wifi. it says connected & strength- very good. i went to office depot they told me to reset settings, but I may lose my stuff . or buy a new one. it is carolS 2nd kindle.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
9/16/2015
Network Technician: Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your kindle?

Please try a possible fix below:

1. Disconnect the power cord(s) from the internet / wireless modem/router device(s) for a few minutes, then reconnect.

2. Press and hold the Power On /Off button on the kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

3. If that does not work, go to Wi-Fi/wireless setting on the kindle, then select your wireless network name, then select the Forget... option if shown, and confirm. Then select your wireless network name again, and see if you can connect.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech