Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I have a Westell Model 7500 ... I know my Password - but not

Customer Question
I have a Westell Model...
I have a Westell Model 7500 ... I know my Password ***** but not the name of my network in my building. I there a way to find the network neme ... we do have several WiFi networking in our building. It is a ADSL2 + Modem Router. Please Help ! ***@******.***
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/14/2015
Network Technician: kanoko, Networking Guru replied 2 years ago
kanoko
kanoko, Networking Guru

I would be glad to help. The easiest way to find the name of the network for your router, would be to use a device with a wired ethernet port and use a wired ethernet connection to the router and open a web browser on that device and visit http://192.168.1.1 You should be presented with a login screen. Once you enter the username and password ***** your router (the default username is "admin" and the default password ***** "password") you should be able to check the wireless settings, and there you will be able to see and change the network name and password, as well as whether or not the network advertises itself to other wireless clients. If you cannot get a physical connection to the device, let me know and we try a few third-party solutions that are a bit more involved.

David: the default username ( admin ) and default password ( password ) did not work. it says wrong password. I think the username took okay ... the password ***** ***** one that failed ??? Thanks for your help ... help !
I never got an answer to my 2nd question .... ??? 9/16/15

I see. If you are unable to find the username and password ***** used to configure the router, you will have to reset the router to factory settings by pressing the small red button on the back of the router between the DSL connection the wired network connections. You may need to use a small pointed object like a pen or pencil to reach it. Then the default username and password ***** work. If not let me know, and I can check if there are other known default login settings for that make and model.

When I reset it ..... Do I have to : Set up the Wi-Fi again ...from the begining ? Assign a new name and new password ?

The default settings should provide a simple secure setup for your wifi network using the same default password ***** connect to the network, but you may still have to configure some of the settings to set it up exactly how you had it before. I would be happy to help you with any of those steps as well.

Please let me know if my previous instructions were able to help you. If they helped solve your problem, please leave a RATING on the question page. Or if you need help working through the solution, let me know and I will be glad to:

http://www.justanswer.com/computer-networking/9b0lh-westell-model-7500-know-password-not.html

When you have a chance, please visit the question page and RATE or REPLY to let me know the status of your problem:

kanoko
kanoko
kanoko, Networking Guru