Russell H., Internet and LAN
Experience:  11 years work with Internet/IP, routers, networks, servers
13568747

I recently upgraded to Windows 10, it says I am not online

Customer Question

I recently upgraded to Windows 10, it says I am not online but I am online. I cannot access the play sore or the get started option. It says I have limited access.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

First - if you have 'limited access', it may mean the router has been connected to the Windows 10 PC, but the router itself has no internet access to pass on to the Windows 10 PC.

Second, you won't be able to access web pages in any web browser, until access is no longer 'limited'.

You may need to turn Off or unplug the router box, and also the modem box if you have one. Then leave them for 5 minutes or more to cool off and reset. Then after that time, plug in first the modem box, give it 2 minutes to initialize fully, then plug or turn On the router box, and give it 2 minutes - then connect again, and see if access is no longer 'limited'.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried unplugging and resetting the router with no success.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Try right-clicking on the network connection icon at the lower right of the screen, and choosing

Troubleshoot Problems

and follow through the process, then see if that improves matters.