Here are the initial steps to get your Fire Stick connected if you have not done so already:
1. Connect the device to the HDMI port on your TV, then plug the device into a power source. Make sure your TV is tuned to the appropriate input source. You should see a “Fire TV” splash screen.
2. Put the included AAA batteries into the remote and click the play/pause button. If the Fire TV isn’t responding, hold the Home button down on the remote for a few seconds and then try again.
3. This will prompt the box to start scanning for wireless networks. Select your home network from the onscreen lineup and enter your password.
4. Once the device establishes a connection, you’ll be prompted to enter your Amazon account information or create a new Amazon account. Enter that info using the remote and onscreen keyboard.
5. After that goes through, a short video will play, giving you a tutorial on how to use the remote, the streaming services, and mobile apps to control the Fire TV devices.
And that’s it. You’re ready to start watching and listening.