A. Stevens
A. Stevens, Network Administrator
Experience:  10+ years of Desktop, Laptop, and Server troubleshooting and support.
71208907

I cannot watch my slingbox Solo on my iphone or ipad if the

Customer Question

I cannot watch my slingbox Solo on my iphone or ipad if the tv at home connected to the same receiver is not turned on. Get a message that says "This TV does not support HD. If you replace the HD cables with AV it might resolve." My slingbox is connected with AV standard definition.
Category: Networking
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! Are you getting the message on your TV or on you iPad/iPhone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
iPad. Screen shows bouncing Direct Logo on acreen and does not espond. When I am near TV or someone else is we turn on the tv and it works great.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Could you tell me if it works when the TV is unlplugged from the slingbox completely?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's the funny thing the tv is not plugged into the Slinbox at all.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I switched off the splitter that goes from the receiver to the tv and it works.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

you mentioned a splitter, is this so you can have more then 1 AV device plugged in to your TV at one time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a DVD player but only one hdmi but none is hooked to the Slingbox. Also this just started about a month ago.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

So the slingbox is connected to the splitter. What is the splitter then connected to?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope that is not what I said. The splitter is hdmi and the Slingbox is AV only. Do you not read my responses completely?
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

I am , but I am just a bit confused as to how you have it setup. So the slingbox just connects only to the TV receiver and that is all then correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The DTV receiver is connected to the slingbox by AV Cables. The TV is connected to the DTV RECEIVER with HDMI. I can be no more clear than that. As I said in my first message the tv and Slingbox are not connected in any way. Only have a receiver in common.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for explaining that. I understand your setup now. Could you disconnected the TV from the receiver then to see if the problem persists?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Read back and you will have your answer.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

So you've already tried to use it with the HDMI cable from the TV to receiver disconnected and it did not work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The answer is ten exchanges back. Just refund my $26 and we will leave it there and I will fix it myself.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the last time I should have learned I didn't get a reasonable answer and it was a waste of time and got no refund. I should have never given you a second chance if u would rather I can cancel the PayPal but let me know in 10 minutes.