Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I cannot watch my slingbox Solo on my iphone or ipad if the

Customer Question
tv at home connected to...
I cannot watch my slingbox Solo on my iphone or ipad if the tv at home connected to the same receiver is not turned on. Get a message that says "This TV does not support HD. If you replace the HD cables with AV it might resolve." My slingbox is connected with AV standard definition.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
9/8/2015
Network Technician: A. Stevens, Network Administrator replied 2 years ago
A. Stevens
A. Stevens, Network Administrator

Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! Are you getting the message on your TV or on you iPad/iPhone?

iPad. Screen shows bouncing Direct Logo on acreen and does not espond. When I am near TV or someone else is we turn on the tv and it works great.

Could you tell me if it works when the TV is unlplugged from the slingbox completely?

That's the funny thing the tv is not plugged into the Slinbox at all.
I switched off the splitter that goes from the receiver to the tv and it works.

you mentioned a splitter, is this so you can have more then 1 AV device plugged in to your TV at one time?

I have a DVD player but only one hdmi but none is hooked to the Slingbox. Also this just started about a month ago.

So the slingbox is connected to the splitter. What is the splitter then connected to?

Nope that is not what I said. The splitter is hdmi and the Slingbox is AV only. Do you not read my responses completely?

I am , but I am just a bit confused as to how you have it setup. So the slingbox just connects only to the TV receiver and that is all then correct?

The DTV receiver is connected to the slingbox by AV Cables. The TV is connected to the DTV RECEIVER with HDMI. I can be no more clear than that. As I said in my first message the tv and Slingbox are not connected in any way. Only have a receiver in common.

Thanks for explaining that. I understand your setup now. Could you disconnected the TV from the receiver then to see if the problem persists?

Read back and you will have your answer.

So you've already tried to use it with the HDMI cable from the TV to receiver disconnected and it did not work?

The answer is ten exchanges back. Just refund my $26 and we will leave it there and I will fix it myself.
No the last time I should have learned I didn't get a reasonable answer and it was a waste of time and got no refund. I should have never given you a second chance if u would rather I can cancel the PayPal but let me know in 10 minutes.
A. Stevens
A. Stevens
A. Stevens, Network Administrator